There is no doubt that the greatest and the most painful massacre in history was the martyrdom of Hussain (PBUH) and his 72 companions on the day of Ashura.
Imam Hussain (PBUH) was the prophet Muhammad’s grandson who was surrounded by an army of 30,000 people in Karbala, with no water for three days! They fought deliberately in the battlefield but they were all killed and beheaded one by one in front of their families on one day which is called Ashura.
Following the martyrdom of Hussain (PBUH) and his companions, their bodies were trampled by the hoofs of the horses, their tents were burnt in fire and their women and children including Lady Zeinab (PBUH), the prophet Muhammad’s granddaughter, were all captured and moved along with their heads toward the Levant.
Day of Ashura was a day Imam Hassan Al-Mujtaba (PBUH) said about it to Imam Hussain (PBUH) before his martyrdom:
“لا یوم کیومک یا اباعبدالله”
“There is no day like yours, O’ Aba Abdillah! [Hussain]” 
Click on the image to see the full size wallpaper (5676 × 3192)
Tomorrow is the day of Ashura in 2018; The day in which mourning for Imam Hussain will reach its climax by millions of people around the world….
 Reference: Al-Amali, Al-Shaykh Al-Saduq, P. 177
Note: All images made by ashuraaa.wordpress.com are free to use to introduce Imam Hussain (PBUH) to the world.
- 242,488 hits
- Arbaeen 2022 | Hussain’s Army of Today
- Ashura | Defending you by my body | A quote by Imam Mahdi
- Tasua | Imam Hussain quote
- Ashura | The real story of Ashura by Imam Mahdi
- Ashura and Muharram status images
- Muharram and Ashura 2022 is coming
- Happy Eid of Ghadir
- The affliction of the world and the reward of the hereafter | A quote by Imam Hadi Naqi
- Command our Shia to pilgrim Imam Hussain’s holy shrine – A Quote by Imam Baqir
- Imam Javad Qoute
- Imam Hussain quote
- Happy birthday of Imam Hassan
- Happy Nowruz
- The 12th Imam will return