Arbaeen, the magnificent movement of followers and lovers of the holy prophet Muhammad’s family is underway.
Millions of people are now walking to Karbala, to the holy shrine of Imam Hussain to mark the day of Arbaeen.
The pilgrimage of Imam Hussain on Arbaeen is one of the signs of a believers in the Islamic school as Imam Hassan Al-Askari (PBUH) who is the descendant of Imam Hussain and the holy prophet Muhammad (PBUH) stated that:
Click on the images to enlarge
“The signs of a believer are five  :
1.Performing 51 units of prayer  [of which 17 units are the obligatory prayers and 34 units are the recommended prayers per day]
2. Pilgrimage of Imam Hussain (PBUH) on Arbaeen [the 40th day following Ashura],
3. Wearing a ring on the right hand,
4. Placing the forehead on the earth [during Sajdah in the prayer];
5. Saying “Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim” [which means “In the name of God, the compassionate, the merciful”] aloud during the prayer “ (Tahzib Al-Ahkam: V.6 , P.52)
 The quotation from Imam Hasan Al-Askari in Arabic language:
“علامات المؤمنین خمس : صلاةُ الاحدی و الخمسین و زیارةُ الاربعین والتـَختم فی الیَمین و تـَعفیرُ الجـَبین و الجَهر ببسم الله الرحمن الرحیم”
 Each prayer or Salat in Islam consists of individual units called Rakat. Each Rakat is very similar to each other except some minor details.
Arbaeen 2017 is coming and millions of Imam Hussain’s lovers are going to Karbala for Arbaeen to mark the martyrdom of Imam Hussain, the holy prophet Muhammad’s grandson.
Millions of Muslim people walk at least 80 kilometers toward the holy shrine of Imam Hussain for Arbaeen. There is no concern about food, drink and accommodation on this journey as Imam Hussain’s lovers kindly provide what the pilgrims need in this way.
I Recorded this video on my way from Najaf to Karbala about 10 days before the day of Arbaeen, on Nov. 1, 2017.
Many thanks to our Iraqian Muslim brothers and sisters for their hospitality in this way.
Follow us on Instagram page: Husayn.ashura
The world’s biggest peaceful pilgrimage is underway…
The pilgrimage of Imam Hussain’s holy shrine was recommended many times in the Islamic and Shia quotes (ahadith). You can see one of such quotes stated by Imam Reza (PBUH), the 8th Shia Imam, in the following image:
Whoever makes a pilgrimage to the holy shrine of Imam Hussain near the Euphrates river, is like the one who visits God at his throne.
Thawab al-A’mal, p 147
قال الرضا علیه السلام: من زار قبر ابی عبدالله علیه السلام بشط الفرات کان کمن زار الله فی عرشه
کسی که قبر امام حسین علیه السلام را در کنار فرات زیارت کند، مانند کسی است که خدا را در بالای عرش زیارت نموده است
ثواب الاعمال شیخ صدوق، صفحه 147
Translated to English by ashuraaa.wordpress.com
See more quotes here
All images on this blog are free to share to introduce Imam Hussain to the world.
- 211,858 hits
- Imam Hussain sees who is crying for him
- The righteous will inherit the land
- Send blessing upon the prophet Muhammad by Salawat
- Send blessings on the Qaem, the awaited justice!
- Mahdi fills the earth with justice and equity | A quote by prophet Muhammad
- Mahdi, the promised saviour, is like to the prophets | A quote by Imam Hussain
- God loves who loves Hussain | A Quote by Prophet Muhammad
- Happy birthday of Imam Hussain
- Seeking liberty and justice like Imam Hussain
- Congratulation on the birthday of Lady Fatima , The greatest lady of the worlds
- Imam Hussain Quote
- Prophet Muhammad recognized by Christians and Jews
- Muhammad , is the messenger of God and the last prophet
- Imam Hassan, The loneliest General
- Arbaeen 2020 | Far away from Imam Hussain