The lady who completed the epic of Ashura
There was a lady who saw how her sons and her brother and all of her family members were violently martyrd on Ashura.
She saw how Yazid’s army cut the heads of her family and put them on the arrows and how they ride on their bodies.
She was the only one who had to care of the women and children being held captive in Karbala and she was the one who had to continued the story of Karbala.
This great Lady was Zeinab who is the prophet Muhammad’s granddaughter and Imam hussain’s beloved sister.
Our supreme leader, Imam Khamenei, in one of his speeches in year 2013 said about this great Lady:
“The epic created by Zeinab al-Kubra (PBUH) complements the epic of Ashura. The epic that Zeinab al-Kubra (s.a.) created revived and preserved the epic of Ashura. The greatness of what Zeinab al-Kubra (PBUH) did, cannot be compared to other great events in history. It should only be compared to the event of Ashura itself and truly, these two events complete one another.
This great personality and this great lady of Islam and all of humanity managed to stand firm in the face of the great mountain of hardships and there was not even a tremble in her voice because of all these events. She stood firm like a glorious mountain peak both in the face of enemies and in the face of hardships and bitter events. She became a lesson, a role model, a leader and a pioneer.
At the market of Kufa [A city in Iraq], while she was held captive, she made this astonishing speech: “Oh people of Kufa, who are treacherous and disloyal, do you cry for us? May your tears not dry and may your moans not stop. You are like a woman who loosens her threads after she pulls them together” [al-Ihtijaj, Volume 2, page 303]. The words are as firm as steel and the meaning flows like a river and it influences hearts and souls. In such conditions, Zeinab al-Kubra delivered a speech, which was like the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.), and she shook hearts and souls and she shook history with these words. This speech became eternal in history. It was delivered in front of the people while she was held captive.
After that, she delivered a speech in front of Ibn Ziad [The ruler of Kufa] in Kufa and a few weeks later, she spoke in front of Yazid with such strength that it both humiliated the enemy and the hardships which the enemy had imposed. She said, “Do you foolishly think that you can defeat, suppress and humiliate the household of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) ?” “Honor belongs to Allah and His Messenger, and to the believers” [The Holy Quran, 63: 8]. Zeinab al-Kubra is the manifestation of dignity, as Hussain ibn Ali (PBUH) was the manifestation of dignity in Karbala on the day of Ashura.
The way she looks at events is different from the way other people look at those events. Despite all those hardships, when the enemy wants to taunt her, she says, “I did not see anything except for beauty” [Lohuf, page 160]. She said, “What I saw was beautiful. It was martyrdom. Although it was difficult, it was in the way of God and it was done for preserving Islam. It was the creation of an epic in history so that Islamic Ummah knows what it should do and how it should move forward and stand firm“. This is a great achievement made by the epic of Zeinab (PBUH). This is the dignity of God’s saint. Zeinab al-Kubra (PBUH) is one of God’s saints. Her dignity is the dignity of Islam and she made Islam and the Holy Quran valuable.
Of course, we are not as aspirational and determined as Zeinab al-Kubra (PBUH) and therefore we cannot say that the behavior of this great lady is our model. We are too inferior to say such things, but anyway, our movement should be in line with the movement of Zeinab (PBUH). Our efforts should be focused on bringing dignity for Islam, the Islamic community and the entire humanity. This is the same responsibility that Allah the Exalted has entrusted to prophets through Islamic obligations and rules.
…one of the factors which brought about this spirit and this patience in Zeinab al-Kubra (PBUH) and other divine saints – who moved forward with such spirit and patience – is sincerity and honesty. It is very important to honor our promises to Allah the Exalted and to devote our hearts to the path of God in a sincere way….” 
 Al-Kubra means the great which is a title of Lady Zeinab.
 Read the complete speech at here
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
Tags: 10th day of muharram, Al-Hussain, Al-Hussein, ashera, Ashoora, Ashora, ashoura, Ashura, ashura 2014, Ashura in Iran, Ashura poster, family of Imam hussain, hadith, husayn, hussain, Hussein, Imam husayn, Imam hussain, imam hussain A.S, imam hussein, Imam Khamenei, Iran on Ashura, islam, islamic photos, karbala, Lady zaynab, lady zeinab, lady zeynab, Moharram, Muharram, Muharram in Iran, quote, saying, Shia, shiite, Speech of Zeinab, The day of ashura, ما رایت الا جمیلا, What is Ashura, who is Zeinab, Zainab, zainab in karbala, Zaynab, Zeinab, Zeinab al-kubra, Zeinab in Karbala, Zeinab on Ashura, zeynab, امام حسین, امام حسین علیه السلام, حسین, زینب کبری, عاشورا
When is Ashura 2017?
- Ashura and the first lesson from Imam Hussain
- Lady Zeinab and her holy shrine in Syria
- Peace be upon Imam Hussain, the inheritor of Jesus
- Day of Ashura: Quote about Imam Husayn by Imam Khamenei
- Day of Ashura
- Mahdi is the promised man from the descendant of Husayn
- Day of Ashura- Imam Husayn Quote 3
- Day of Ashura : Christian people in the holy shrine of Imam Husayn
- Arbeen 2016: Photos of My journey to Karbala, A walk to the holy shrine of Imam Husayn
- When is Arbaeen 2016?
- Day of Ashura: Rise up to Reform
- Show Your Love Toward Husayn on Arbaeen
- Day of Ashura 2016 in Iran
- Mahdi will introduce himself by Hussain and the event of Ashura
- Ashura and Muharram 2016 video
- Ashura 2016 In Iran: Lady Zeinab Followers During Ashura Processions
- Killing Shia Muslims during Ashura 2016 processions
- Ashura 2016 worldwide
- The day before Ashura 2016, Tasua photos
- Tasua: The last man left for Imam Hussain
- Ashura and Muharram 2016 Mourning Ceremony With the Attendance Of Imam Khamenei
- Ashura infants on the international day of Hazrat Ali Aghar
- Muharram 2016 mourning ceremonies photos
- Why did Ashura happen? The three causes of Imam Hussain revolution
- First night of Muharram 2016: A Quote about Muharram by Imam Reza